Vision For Pearson Baptist Church
Connected to Connect
Our congregational life, decisions, governance, personal interactions, and ministry tasks must be measured by one high and clear standard: Does it glorify God?
We believe that God is best glorified through relationships with God and with others. Our vision statement will be one that consists of future plans as well as our discipleship model for all church members. SO we envision a church that.....
Connects passionately with God...
- Worship gatherings that meets the needs of a diverse family of believers.
- Worship environment that is welcoming to all people. (Greeters at each worship center entrance, updated facilities, lighting and seating.)
- Yearly Bible reading plans and devotions for the church to read together as a faith family.
- Emphasis on prayer times corporately and individually.
- We will teach through small groups and model by the way we worship what it means to be passionately connected to God. This is the first step of discipleship.
Connects relationally with each other...
- Small groups and Sunday School will be the set up so that we grow together and serve together. (This means offering times of meeting and serving outside of the normal schedule in homes and on campus.)
- Knowledge and use of spiritual gifts in order to serve the church body. Training and administering the spiritual gifts assessment will be done quarterly
- Stewardship of time, talent, and treasure that benefits the Kingdom of God and help this church family. Our goal is to have at least 90% of the church body giving, serving and helping grow this church body.
- Serving others rather than being served. Everyone needs to have the attitude of you first.
- We will offer quarterly fellowships for the entire Church body. It is encouraged that each small group/Sunday school glass do monthly events in order to grow together.
- We will have places for new believers to begin to serve as well as teach and model to them what a healthy church member looks like.
- We will speak positive about this church body and stay away from any unhealthy talk, negativism, or gossip that destroys the unity of this church family.
Connects influentially with others....
- Outreach to the Pearl community as its primary focus.
- Members making a positive spiritual impact in their own spheres of influence.
- An outreach focus in all areas of ministry.
- Supporting and participating in ministry at home and abroad.
- Teaching and leading our children and youth and adults the importance of being missionaries where God has them now.
Connecting our lives to His mission...
Everything in our church should be done to glorify God. To glorify God is to praise, enjoy, and delight in Him supremely. Our ultimate joy is to bring joy to God through the way we conduct our lives personally and corporately. When we love people the way they are, urge one another to become more like Christ, and equip ourselves to share Christ in word and deed, we build a spiritual family of believers passionate about Him. This glorifies God. Our hope is articulated in the words of Scripture itself: Romans 15:5–6 (ESV) 5 May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, 6 that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Core Values of Pearson Baptist Church
The following core values guide and drive the ministry of this church. They help us keep focused on ministries that will help accomplish our purpose as a church.